Left to Right, Mr. Bienvenido Jr V. Barbosa, Fr. Dom Lorenzo SSCV, DSWD NCR Regional Director Vicente Gregorio B. Tomas, Ms. Maridol R. Licero, Ms. Manuela M. Loza, ASec. Jace Jamolod, Ms. Lea Mae B. Swindler, Mr. Clifford Cyril Y. Riveral, Mr. Allan R. Inton. Mr. Christopher “Bong” Grajo, and Mr. Jonathan San Agustin
Department of Social Welfare and Development Field Office NCR unveiled its first Light-Emitting Diode (LED) Multimedia Board Display alongside with the 1st quarter Nationwide Simultaneous Earthquake Drill (NSED) activity held on March 10, 2022, at DSWD FO NCR Legarda, Manila City.
DSWD FO NCR Regional Director Mr. Vicente Gregorio B. Tomas, as Incident Commander, led the activation of the incident command system as a signal that the earthquake drill had been started.
Following the said signal, staff, guests, and clients of Field Office NCR participated in performing Duck, Cover, and Hold, followed by the quick action to move in the designated evacuation site of the area.
After the NSED was conducted, Ms. Jumelle Pearl M. Mariano and Mr. John Jasper O. Forbes hosted the unveiling of the Multimedia Board Display, which can be seen within the vicinity of the said Field Office.
On unveiling the Multimedia Board Display, RD Vic stressed that this advocacy initiative had been conducted to make sure that everyone is aware of the abrupt incidents, especially in natural calamities that will be happening in the country.
“Everyone should always participate in this kind of advocacy, dahil dito ang bawat isa sa atin ay magiging handa, at tayo ay magkakaroon ng mga kaalaman sa kung ano ang mga dapat gawin pagdating ng malakas na lindol.” He said.
“Talagang napapanahon nga ang pagkakaroon ng DSWD FO NCR ng isang Multimedia Board Display. Malaki ang maitutulong nito hindi lamang sa pagbibigay impormasyon sa kung anu-ano ang mga programa at serbisyong ibinibigay ng DSWD, bagkus makakatulong rin ito upang ipagpatuloy ng ating ahensya ang paggawa ng mga inobasyong tutuldok sa hamon ng limitadong komunikasyon ngayong pandemya.” RD Vic added.
Further, Assistant Regional Director for Operations, Ms. Lea Mae B. Swindler, and Assistant Regional Director for Administration, Ms. Manuela M. Lozaa, expressed their appreciation to Eastgroup Corporation and recognized their support in advocating the Programs and services of the DSWD FO NCR through this initiative.
Moreover, the activity has been graced by the DSWD Central Office, Disaster Response Management Bureau (DRMB) Mr. Clifford Cyril Y. Riveral, Eastgroup Corporation President Mr. Allan R. Inton, and Emergency Response Integration Center (ERIC) Founder and President Mr. Christopher “Bong” Grajo.
Forging of Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) between DSWD FO NCR and Eastgroup Corporation
Official turn-over of signed and notarized Memorandum of Agreement for Multimedia Board Display Installation
The project was materialized between the DSWD NCR and Eastgroup Corporation through the forging of partnership in a Memorandum of Agreement that happened last February 3, 2022.
On the agreement, DSWD NCR has the right to play Thirty (30%) percent airtime for DSWD-NCR’s information, education, and communication advocacies. While on the other hand, the Eastgroup Corporation can use the remaining Seventy (70%) percent airtime independently for video advertisements and other paid marketing.
UNVEILING OF DSWD FO NCR MULTIMEDIA BOARD DISPLAY
This partnership is a fruit of a commitment of the DRMD to provide day-to-day information relative to disaster risk reduction and management concerns, situational reports regarding disaster response operations, and its advocacies. This will also promote full transparency in implementing programs and services of the Department.
The Disaster Response Management Division is tasked to immediately act and respond to Disaster Risk Reduction and Management-related concerns. The Disaster Response Management Division office is located at Room 109, Ground Floor, Field Office-NCR. ###